The "Famous" Potting Table
Do you know who Ana White is?
You should. Go pay her a visit when you're done with me, because she rocks. At the start of my building/fixing/making-things-pretty life change, I bought her book, The Handmade Home, and it truly changed my perspective on what I am capable of doing. I had known I wanted to create beautiful things for my home and was driven to do it, but I had no idea where to start. Ana has a knack for explaining guy things in a way that a girl can understand! She's a hero and I'm not afraid to say it.
So imagine scrolling through your hero's Pinterest boards and finding this:
I don't know what you would do, but I'll tell you what I did... I gasped. There may have been a bit of delighted screeching. And a call or two to Mom and Mom in Law (and two or twelve more people). Why the excitement? Because I built that, and she thought it was an interesting enough brag post to re-pin. If you're me, that's a very big deal.
Rewinding about a month...
Coming off my shutter high, I had lots of scraps and I was itching to use them! This bad boy came together as a hybrid of two different plans so that I could use up the leftovers. I had also wanted to try the white base/stained tops trend and figured, what the hey.
I pretty much made it up as I went along, using Inspiration 1 and Inspiration 2 as my guides. I put my pocket holes on the wrong side of one of the boards. And I used oil-based poly-urethane on my white latex paint - it's yellowing... but I don't care! It was my first piece of furniture and it's a good reminder of how far I've come. I love it enough that I'm thinking of bringing it inside to use in a narrow space in our master bedroom!
The legs are 2"x4"s, and the rest are 1"x4"s, and dimensions are 39 1/2" from bottom to top (the top shelf sits at 36") x 44" wide.
Not perfect, but enough to make me smile!
Thanks for stopping by,
~Cassie
Labels: From Scratch, Furniture, Outdoor

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts! All your comments are greatly appreciated.
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home