Saturday, February 22, 2014

Garbaging Fail

This Saturday was the first chance this year that I have had to go garbaging. Longer than that, really, since "the season" shuts down whenever the weather gets slightly nippy around here. What can I say, even us mountain folk are Arizonans at our core... temperature. 

I got up at 6am, kissed the big man and the little guy, and headed off to the big city. By city, of course I am talking about a 3 town area with a total population of 15,000 - but it's bigger than Tiny Town, so the junk options should be fairly plentiful, right?

Not today!

Zero yard, estate, moving, etc. sales. Our little flea market/swap meet is still closed for the "winter" (the high today is 60...). And all of my favorite old-stuff shops aren't open until 11am due to "winter hours". 

So here I sit, at Starbucks at 9:39am in the middle of phase one of wasting time, waiting for 10am to roll around so I can begin phase two at the Hallmark in the plaza. 

I realize I'm wallowing, my apologies. After all, I'm sipping a Cinnamon Dolce, so the morning isn't a total loss! I guess the trick to successful garbaging is my sidekick in the stroller. I never seem to hit the honey holes without him!

So here's a latte cheers to better luck after 11:00 and warmer, toddler toting weather!

Thanks for stopping by,
~Cassie 

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts! All your comments are greatly appreciated.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home