"Safe Place" Discoveries
Have you ever put something in a "safe" place... only to completely forget about it?
Guilty.
I'm guilty of that much more than I'd like to admit actually. But blessed are the disorderly, for they are always making new discoveries...
If I'm being honest, I can't remember how I came across old ammunition box. There is a very good possibility that it once belonged to my beloved Nana, but I can't say that for a fact.
It's simply one of those pieces that has been around for a good, long time, keeping me company on my various adventures.
Anywho... I thought it was about time I find something fun to do with it, so I pulled it out to clean it up. Upon opening it, however, I found some new/forgotten treasures!
Look at all that loot! As soon as I opened it, it all came rushing back to me - how I had almost forgotten it as it when we were packing up to move, and how it was among the last things to be loaded into the moving truck. I had filled it with miscellaneous outside accessories that also hadn't made it into the truck. In the flurry of the move and unpacking in the dead of winter (which was an all new concept for me, having moved from the desert to the mountains), I had forgotten completely about my beautiful and rusty old box of goodies.
I just love this white enamel pitcher. It got cleaned up and moved to the kitchen to await some clippings from my lilac bush.
These little guys I remember vividly. They came from my sweet Nana's garden, where they hung in a tree above an antique bed frame filled with roses. Yes, it was a bed of roses ;).
This fun lantern was also in the mix. For the moment it's hanging from a potting bench made from an old door.
This is an awful picture of a fabulous antique. I must have been bumped and then immediately distracted to have not noticed. Sorry friends! My misguided photography aside, isn't this vintage lantern a great piece? I was so excited to have found this, it's the one piece I actually looked for and wondered about while it was hiding. I'd like to mess with this a little bit and try my hand (finally!) at making a light fixture. Revolutionary, ey? Turning a lantern into a lamp. Gotta start somewhere!
Thanks for coming junking with me in my backyard! I had a great time picking with you. Stop by this weekend for a refinished stool upholstered in burlap!
Enjoyed this read? I'd love to hear your thoughts in a comment!
Labels: Home Decor, Junkyard Style, Mountain Living, Outdoor, Vintage










4 Comments:
I couldn't locate your email address. Just wanted you to know that you've been featured today on my weekly Welcome Wagon Friday post, where I introduce new bloggers to my readers. Welcome to the neighborhood!
Brenda
Thank you so much Brenda! I'm honored to be featured on Cozy Little House!
What a find! So many treasures from your newly discovered ammunition box. I especially love the enamel pitcher.
Oh yes, I do that all the time! Such charming treasures...I'm glad you found them! ;)
Post a Comment
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts! All your comments are greatly appreciated.
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home