Second Hand Haul #2
Happy Monday! Welcome to the second 2nd Hand Haul!
It feels like we fast-forwarded through our weekend! We took a trip to Trav's hometown for the wedding of his very good friend, and of course while I was there I had to take the time to do a little junking! Willcox, AZ is a very old Arizona town ripe with ranching and farming - which translates to some pretty great junk for yours truly. Oddly enough, my favorite treasures came from my in-laws' back yard!
First up, oodles of pallets for us to disassemble. The wood is so seasoned and beautiful.
They inherited a treasure trove of vintage debris when they bought their property a few months back. Things like this old gate...
At least I think it was a gate at some point. It could also have possibly been a lid to something, because there are some great draw latches on each corner.
Who knows. That's the magic of junking, unless you have the opportunity to speak to the original owner, you are guessing at the past lives of any given piece you come across.
These cabinet doors were left in an old shed on their property...
I just love the knobs!
These old mason jars were buried! Dad-in-law Jack dug them up.
Last but not least, this was the one piece I bought while out junking on Saturday morning. Not much of a first impression...
A little bit better...
Ah, there it is!
I really bought this piece for the gorgeous hardware. I got it for practically nothing, and of course I'll find new uses for the entire piece, but I couldn't walk away from the drawer pulls! They reminded me of handles I had seen on a dresser that Miss Mustard Seed refinished. I was never able to get the style out of my head, and now I have some to play with! Happy Mother's Day to me!
On that, happy Mother's Day to all you mamas out there! Hope you had a beautiful weekend full of flowers and children :).
Thanks for stopping by!
Enjoyed this read? I'd love to hear your thoughts in a comment!
Labels: Junkyard Style, Scrap Pile, Second Hand Haul











2 Comments:
Can't wait to see what you create out of this collection! Bet there will be some beautiful and useful things that come out of this haul. Your creativity always amazes me. Happy reinventing and giving some good stuff a rebirth.
Thank you! I'm always excited to get new pieces and see where my imagination takes me!
Post a Comment
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts! All your comments are greatly appreciated.
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home