Monday, July 28, 2014

2nd Hand Haul, Heavy Metal Edition!

It's been a while, but I finally got out to do some junking!





The past few weekends have just been so crazy, I haven't had time to hit so much as a yard sale in quite a while. I had the chance to go to my favorite junk shop, Mountain Top Treasures for some treasures of my own. I usually come home with a lot of wooden pieces pick apart and paint, but this was a trip for metal!


Fun funnel
I got these various metal lid pieces to hopefully create light fixtures out of. Can't you just see these hanging, Edison bulbs shining, in a great nook somewhere?



I'm not entirely sure what each piece was originally used for, milk cans perhaps?



This one has a handle on one side...peculiar. I'd love some insight if you happen to have any!


*These aren't bread pans, silly Cassie. They're old chicken feeder trays! Might reconsider baking banana bread here...
I also found these neat old metal pans (*bread pans? I really need to improve my junk-naming abilities) that I plan to use to catch bottle caps beneath a bottle opener or chalk on a chalkboard sign.



I may have bitten off more than I could chew on this next one...



The challenge, which I have already chosen to accept, is to make it into a junky command center. The divided sections would be perfect for mail, and I have in mind some kind of memo board on the right. 



The right side is pretty rusty, but hopefully that won't be an issue once I get some 1/4" plywood in there. Perhaps chalkboard on the right, cork in the left top corner? I have big plans for it, stay tuned to see if it's a giant win or a sad little flop ;).



Check out this beauty! I love this so much as it is, I can't really see disassembling it to make anything new... though it depends on what pops into my head for it. Isn't it great though?!



It's the oldest one I've come across that is in such great shape. Sure, it's all kinds of rusty, but the frame is in great shape and the tires are still rollin'! Most of the time, especially if the piece is rusty, the rubber has dried out and has cracked. 


The "90" model (from what I could research!) was made in the 1950's 
I love it!

These will be in the shop soon! 

Thanks for stopping by! Blog Hop on Wednesday! Be sure to stop by ;)

 

 Enjoyed this read? I'd love to hear your thoughts in a comment!

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At July 29, 2014 at 1:02 AM , Blogger Julia @ Vintage with Laces said...

These are fabulous rusty finds, Cassie!

 
At July 29, 2014 at 4:01 AM , Anonymous Ang said...

Love your site and your wonderful ideas. I may be wrong but I believe your "bread" trays are chicken coop feeder trays. Keep giving us old farmers/ranchers new ideas for our "old" junk!

 
At July 31, 2014 at 8:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yep, I think the "bread" trays are chick/chicken feeder trays.... the middle divider-type piece would hang from the holes on either end.

 
At July 31, 2014 at 8:34 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thank you! It was a great junk trip!

 
At July 31, 2014 at 8:37 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thank you so much! After reading your comment and the next one, I looked it up and you're absolutely right. I looked for a good while before I posted trying to find out what they were, so thank you!

 

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts! All your comments are greatly appreciated.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home