Thunderstorm Reflections
I must apologize.
It's been about a week and a half since I last posted. I had a wonderful guest poster, but you haven't heard much from me in a while. Bad blogger!
If you follow me on Instagram, Twitter, or Facebook, you know that I just participated in my first "real" craft fair. It was such a wonderful experience, and I will share all the details and pictures later this week! But until then, I. Am. Exhausted.
For now, humor me. I'd like to talk about the weather ;).
As I am writing this, I am sitting on my front porch swing (a.k.a. my happy place) watching a huge storm let loose. My boy is bouncing around the porch, trying to catch rain drops through the porch railing - stopping now and then to wonder at the booming thunder. The grape sized hail is putting a slight damper on the fun (hold on to your petals, rose bush), but it's rain and it beautiful and we'll take what we can get.
I'm sure this goes for many places around the country, but in Arizona rain is just about the most precious of happenings. Overnight, brittle, yellow grass turns green and flowers appear out of nowhere. When the monsoons come, the world stops. The temperature drops twenty degrees and people come out of their air conditioned homes to sit wrapped in blankets on their porches. Desert rats (lovely term, eh?) love monsoons for the smell alone - there's nothing like the smell of AZ thunderstorms. I could never begin to describe it, but it's clean, refreshing, and one of a kind.
I'm in a particularly sappy place these days, and I feel more affected by the start of the rains than usual. The world is getting a shower - being washed clean of the dirt and dust left by a dry-as-bone winter.
That's all I got. My brain and body are fried, so my sentimentality will have to go a little way. More tomorrow friends, today, just rain thunder.
Thanks for stopping by.
Enjoyed this read? I'd love to hear your thoughts in a comment.
Labels: A Personal Note, Mountain Living

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts! All your comments are greatly appreciated.
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home