Friday, October 31, 2014

A Lovely Weeds Wedding!

Sort of :).

Two of our dear friends got married a couple of weeks ago, and I was honored to play a small part in it!



The groom is an amazing woodworker, who has taught me so much. He makes what I call "sculpture furniture" - he honestly goes into the woods, looks at downed trees, and waits for them to tell him what they want to be. That's the definition of artist to me - the ability to find beauty that's already there, aching to come out.

Here are a few of my favorite pieces he's created...

A juniper kitchen! This takes wooden countertops to a whole new level.

The Juniper Kitchen

A juniper jewelry box with a ram inlay, isn't this gorgeous?

Box of Aries

And my personal favorite, a little loveseat.

"The Bullmore"

Get a closer look at this inlay work...

"The Bullmore"

It's this detail that really set's Brad's work apart. He uses genuine Arizona copper and turquoise in the knots of the wood. Gorgeous. To see more of his artwork furniture, visit him here!

Imagine the pressure I felt in creating wooden signs for this guy's wedding! Good thing they're such good friends :).

The wedding was held in a beautiful spot near our town in the AZ mountains, a little place called Pinetop. The weather was gorgeous - warm with a cool autumn breeze. You know that tiny slice of time when the grass is still green, but the leaves are changing color? Yup, gorgeous.

My guest book sign was one of the first things guests laid eyes on!


I can't go on enough about their decorations. Lacey, burlapy, flowery, rustic goodness.

I just loved this saying. What a beautiful way to bring two families together. This sign was also used during the dinner and reception.


My schedule of events sign was up next. Nice to know what you're in for! See that sweet little red ride in the back? Their photobooth! Yes, they let their guests climb in, climb on, and even sit on the trunk for pictures. They are too cool.


Ah, the wine bar. Of course I didn't get to partake in this particular wedding tradition (if you're new here, there's a little one on the way!), but sweet Grace has informed me that she's got a bottle ready to be opened in celebration come February!


Cake and pie for desert! It was this pregnant lady's dream. Grace had another sweet saying for the desert bar sign.


I was so grateful to be a part of their big day, both as their friend and as the official wooden sign lady! What do you think of this idea for wedding decor? Light up the comments section, friends. I'm dying to hear what you think!

Thanks for stopping by...



 Enjoyed this post? Sign up to get all my posts delivered to your inbox!

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts! All your comments are greatly appreciated.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home