Is It Autumn Yet?
I don't love summer.
I know, sacrilege right?
It's true though, it's been a long time since summer was my favorite season... In fact, visions of lockers and letterman jackets dance through my head when I think of that time.
The truth is, summer is usually a pretty stressful, worrisome, and even lonely time for me. It's a season I tend to "get through" instead of look forward to. Heard of the wildfires out west? I'm sure you have, and I'm sure you are praying and sending love and rainy thoughts to the families affected, homes lost, and businesses destroyed, as I am.
Do me a favor? Say a prayer for the firefighters while you're at it.
For the 19 year old, on her last fire before she returns for fall semester of college.
For the 25 year old who is climbing the ranks, with a nervous girlfriend and a worried mama at home.
And for the 32 year old tall drink of water, with a tired wife, an almost 4-year old with grass in his hair, and a sweet 7 month old baby with two teeth and pigtails.
Remember those exhausted guys and girls with yellow hard hats and sooty faces before you flick a cigarette out of the car window. Or forget to check that chain dangling innocently from a trailer. Or leave your camp fire smoldering.
A little extra care goes a very long way.
This Lovely Weeds Public Service Blog Post is now concluded. Go forth and be firewise.
(Cute upcycled bookcase coming Thursday, check Instagram HERE for sneak peaks!)
Enjoyed this post? Subscribe to Lovely Weeds by Email
Labels: A Personal Note, Family, Mountain Living



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts! All your comments are greatly appreciated.
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home