Finding Your Happy Place
[THIS POST IS PART OF A 31 DAY SERIES. START HERE IF YOU'RE NEW!]
On your worst day, in the midst of your biggest mess (literal or metaphorical), there is still something beautiful to see. Find it, focus on it like a laser, and don't let go until the storm passes.
This post by The Nester, The Ministry of One Sane Space, is one of my favorite reads. It came to me when my baby girl was six months old, and life was settling into it's new normal without me. Family life had just fallen into place so beautifully and was so, so sweet. But home and business were just... off. I needed a reset, to find my happy place in the midst of this new life that I loved but hadn't quite figured out yet.
I started small. I took the pile of makeup on my little vanity and sorted and purged and organized, so I could sit down each day and put my face on quickly. That ten minutes and two square feet of space was enough to get the ball rolling again. One thing led to another, and eventually it snowballed into cleaning out and organizing our workshop.
Start with one space. Make it right. Make it yours.
Tomorrow, some more of my go-to happy places for inspiration, encouragement, and stupid laughs. Have a beautiful weekend!
See the rest of my 31 Day of Writing series:
Day 1: Challenge Accepted
Day 2: Choosing To Love It
Day 3: Do Something About It
Day 4: A Sunday Well Spent
Day 5: Beware a Busy Life
Day 6: In a Word
Day 7: Mess Management
Enjoyed this post? Subscribe to Lovely Weeds by Email
Labels: 31 Day Challenge, 31 Days of Contentment



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts! All your comments are greatly appreciated.
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home