Saturday, October 17, 2015

Settle In

[THIS POST IS PART OF A 31 DAY SERIES. START HERE IF YOU'RE NEW!]




One of the first blogs I started following when I was bitten by the design bug was Jenna Sue Design. I loved her style and DIYs. For no reason in particular, I fell away from it and when I checked in randomly this morning, I was shocked to find that her blog wasn’t a DIY and home decor blog anymore. She’s gone Eat Pray Love* and has set off on a journey through southern Asia to rediscover herself.


I almost skipped past it, on to Miss Mustard Seed or Liz Marie, but I read a few paragraphs and studied a few pictures first.


I was transfixed. I went back to the post where she first divulged her plans (HERE) and binge-read her story all lazy morning long.


Life took a turn and she wasn’t happy, so she booked a one way flight to a new life. She left everything she knew behind, and set off for the unknown. Her story is fascinating. That is a bravery and spirit that I can't comprehend, But I can absolutely appreciate.


The Mister saw how immersed I was in what I was reading and asked about it, so I told him the story. He made a joke about me running off on an adventure around the world, and we both laughed because it’s hilariously unlike me.


Some people seek adventure. They chase thrills and new experiences and love being in unfamiliar places. Not me.


I search for comfort, and when I find it I hunker down and relish it. My adventures all have a common purpose - to help me build a life for my family and me. They're my adventure.


That's not to say I'm terrified of change - I'm not. I just need my people with me.

There comes a point where limits need to be pushed and you need to challenge yourself. Everybody needs to experience new things, meet new people, throw routine to the wind and just be sometimes. It’s how we grow. But it’s also ok to find your people, find your place, and just settle in.


#settlein


It’s like lean in, but for comfort seekers - an ambition of a different kind. The ambition to find what makes your soul breathe. To find where you're truly at home. For some, that's a beach a world away. 

For me, it's my front porch. And that's ok. It's not a lesser dream because it isn't glittery. Comfortable has its own kind of sparkle.


And wouldn’t you know, comfort is a synonym for contentment. Looks like I might be onto something...
CassieSignatureSunshineSoul
See the rest of my 31 Day of Writing series:
Day 1: Challenge Accepted
Day 2: Choosing To Love It
Day 3: Do Something About It
Day 4: A Sunday Well Spent
Day 5: Beware a Busy Life
Day 6: In a Word
Day 7: Beauty in Humble Places
Day 8: Mess Management
Day 9: Finding Your Happy Place
Day 11: 31 Day-er Favorites
Day 12: More is Not More
Day 14: How To Paint With a 4 Year Old
Day 15: Working Where You Can
Day 16: Pumpkins

Enjoyed this post? Subscribe to Lovely Weeds by Email

* This post contains affiliate links 

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts! All your comments are greatly appreciated.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home